Why join us
It takes a special person to be a Support Worker. Helping someone with a disability, challenging life situation, illness or medical condition, to live a fulfilling and inclusive life is an important responsibility. If you are someone who is caring and supportive, and also have the motivation to make someone feel empowered, independent and included in the community, we would love to have you in our team. While being a support worker is rewarding career, it comes with many challenges.
That’s why we make sure whatever placement we find is right fit for you, your skill set, experience and your expectations.
if you’re passionate about bringing a real difference in people’s life we would love to have you in our tea
The Support Coordinator plays an integral role for NDIS participants in interpreting their NDIS plan, assisting them to establish the supports in their plan and develop their capacity over time to coordinate and manage their own supports.
You will coordinate with service providers and supports, liaise with government agencies, obtain quotes for services, organise service agreements and financially monitor Participant’s plans. You will also provide regular Support Coordination reports to the NDIA, as per standard reporting compliances, for each Participant you support
Qualifications & experience
Ideally you will have a Certificate IV in Disability or a related field, however, we are open to training the right person for the role.
You will come to Careable with a foundational knowledge of the NDIS and come equipped with all relevant clearances and checks, these include:
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- NDIS Worker Screening check (or willing to obtain)
- Current Police Check
- Working with Children Check
You will empower our clients by helping them to live independently and achieve their goals. In this vacancy, we are looking for people who are passionate about making a difference, value culture and diversity and have an empathetic can-do attitude.
These include but are not limited to:
- Providing personal and high-quality care (toileting, showering, dressing)
- Manual Handling
- Meal preparation
- Light household tasks
- Engage and treat our participants with genuine dignity and respect
- Complete all relevant documentation and reporting as required
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in working for people with a disability.
- NDIS worker Check, Police check.
NDIS Plan Management involves providing financial intermediary services for clients with NDIS support plans. Some of the key duties in this role include:
- Accounts Processing – provider invoices and client reimbursements; creating service bookings and processing claims on the NDIS portal.
- Managing client’s NDIS funds
- Resolving discrepancies and missing information with provider invoices in a timely fashion
- Maintaining client records in CRM
- Liaising with NDIA with client plan queries and self-education
- Intake and induction of new clients
Skills and Qualification
- Experience in managing budgets
- Experience in a Plan Management role
- Experience in dealing with high volume invoice processing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite skills (particularly excel)
- Minimum Cert IV in Accounting/Bookkeeping or a similar qualification
- Excellent problem solving, customer service and communication skills
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and contribute to consistent yet innovative work practices
- Ability to maintain professionalism, integrity and confidentiality